8 June 2009
RUSSIAN, MAKER’S MARK PK IN CYRILLIC, MOSCOW, 1864
Closed 13.5 by 11.6 cm.; extended 13.5 by 23 cm.
The outside of the triptych is engraved with a chequered pattern, the back with a plain oval probably intended for a dedication, the edge of the left wing with a strigilated column terminating in a lotus capital; the wings open to reveal a Deisis including the Guardian Angel and St. Nicholas, painted in the traditional style with deep colours accentuated in gold; the left wing shows the engraved figures of the Holy Bishops Mitrofan and Tikhon, the opposite side portraying Sts. Aleksandra and John the Bessrebrennik, the backgrounds with a realistic landscape, the upper part with a radiating celestial segment.
Notes on symbols:
* Indicates 5% Import Duty Charge applies.
Ω Indicates 20% Import Duty Charge applies.
§ Indicates Artist's Resale Right applies.
† Indicates Standard VAT scheme applies, and the rate of 20% VAT will be charged on both hammer price and premium.