27 Nov 2013
IMPERIAL PORCELAIN MANUFACTORY, PERIOD OF CATHERINE II (1762-1796)
Diameter 25 cm.
Of circular scalloped form, the cavetto painted with a view of the ruined House of Augustus on the Palatine Hill, Rome, within a circular, gilded reserve, the border with a chain of pink roses on a gilded ground, with identifying inscription “Ruine de la Maison d’August sur le Palatin” and blue Imperial cipher for Catherine II under base.
Notes on symbols:
* Indicates 5% Import Duty Charge applies.
Ω Indicates 20% Import Duty Charge applies.
§ Indicates Artist's Resale Right applies.
† Indicates Standard VAT scheme applies, and the rate of 20% VAT will be charged on both hammer price and premium.