1 December 2011
YAROSLAVL, CIRCA 1800
29.5 by 25 cm.
Label: Old label on the reverse affirms that the icon belonged to the famous collection of Christian relics of N.M. Postnikov. Nikolai Mikhailovich Postnikov (1827-1897) was a merchant, antiquary and largest collector of icons and church plate. In 1888 he published the Catalogue of Christian Relics, Collected by the Moscow Merchant N.M. Postnikov.
Notes on symbols:
* Indicates 5% Import Duty Charge applies.
Ω Indicates 20% Import Duty Charge applies.
§ Indicates Artist's Resale Right applies.
† Indicates Standard VAT scheme applies, and the rate of 20% VAT will be charged on both hammer price and premium.